Monday, April 30, 2012

My Heroes Have Always Been Monsters Part 1

I've loved monsters and horror movies most of my life, starting with Godzilla on tv and my Remco Frankenstein action figure to Robert Louis Stevenson's Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde, that I read in Elementary school after a year of obsessing over his book Treasure Island, on to Tales From The Dark Side, The Twilight Zone, a stack of horror comics from the 70s, that I got my hands on before they went in the trash, and on and on and on. When I discovered USA's Night Flight in the fourth grade I quit sleeping on the weekends, because I was compelled to stay up for Friday and Saturday night and soak up all the movies and videos, but before Night Flight, there were Sci Fi Fridays and Horror Saturdays, and Saturday afternoon there was Commander USA's Groovie Movies. These were the golden years for me where interest turned into addiction.

My love for weird and fantastic has never gone away, so as a part of Stranger With Friction I'm going to be sharing videos, memories and images of all this cool stuff that has fueled my imagination for years, just because I love to talk about it and hopefully rescue some of it from the dustbin of history.





I'll leave you for now with a peek at the 1988 remake of The Blob.


Keep watching the skies, nerds!

No comments:

Post a Comment