Tuesday, February 9, 2021

OPEN SUBMISSION CALL! ST ROOSTER BOOKS is PUBLISHING an ANTHOLOGY of SEA HORROR!

 WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR; Horror stories set in or around the ocean (fishing villages, coastal town, an island, etc-so long as the central action heavily figures in the ocean). I'm not saying NO to Lovecraftian horror, partly because its hard to escape Lovecraft's influence over aquatic horror, but there are numerous Lovecraftian anthologies out there, so dig deep if you involve the Deep Ones, Cthulhu, etc. What I will say no to is anything racist, sexist, homophobic, or transphobic. Splatterpunk and extreme horror are welcome, but I draw the line at rape-centric/rape revenge stories written by men. That's always been a personal line for me. Give me gothic period pieces, blood and guts, shark attacks, ghosts, modern tales of madness, weird sci-fi horror, dystopia...Go nuts! And spread the word, I'd love to get a lot more submissions from women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ community. 

WORD COUNT; 3-5k words.

PAY; Flat $20

DEADLINE; May 1st.

SEND TO; tim-murr@live.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment