Monday, July 30, 2012

My Heroes Have Always Been Monsters Part 20

Troma. Oh my, why did I start this...

I love Troma Films. Lloyd Kaufman is one of my heroes. There's not much else I can say really.

If anyone is ever curious about why I am a warped individual, I think the blame can be pointed at Troma.


Being the late night tv aficionado in an era when being such a thing was rewarding, it was inevitable that I would come across these purveyors of perversion, comedy, and graphic, weird violence.

After Toxic Avenger I kept my eye for anything Troma.

I'm just going to mention a few faves and keep this simple.

 So let's start with Toxie. Two words; must see! A nerd, a vat of toxic waste and POW New Jersey's first super hero.

I originally saw a cut version on regular television. I was in for quite a surprise when I finally rented the uncut VHS.


A high school next door to a nuclear power plant, mutations, and anarchy. Classic.




















Tromeo and Juliet, better than Leo and Claire's version! And narrated by Lemmy!




















 I honestly don't remember anything about Troma's War other than i laughed my ass off and it was violent.


Apparently it features the highest onscreen kill count.




















 A scene from Street Trash. Back to that in a minute.
Nuke'em High alum.
 Surf Nazis Must Die is my third favorite Troma film, maybe more for sentimental reasons than for the fact that it was a good film. I mean, it is, but not quite as intense as Toxie or Nuke'em.

I think the title says it all.

















 That looks like it probably sucks.
 Hi, Lemmy!

Lemmy provides that much needed English flair to Tromeo and Juliet, in Kenneth Brannagh's absence.
Cafeteria food sucks.
More Nuke'em...
 Did you know Samual L Jackson starred in Def By Temptation?

Yep. He has been in everything.
 Redneck Zombies. That's it. Red. Neck. Zombies.
Mysterious street booze turns bums into diarrhea...Street Trash!




















 The face that would become The Toxic Avenger!














Almost forgot Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD. How?!?


Mainstream happens! Marvel Comic's 1st issue. It actually kicked ass...and didn't last long.













Hell, there was even a kid's cartoon called Toxic Crusaders with a toy and comic spin off.



Keep watching the sky, nerds!

No comments:

Post a Comment