Monday, November 17, 2014

WHERE THE HELL HAVE I BEEN???

So posts have been sparse lately, yea? Sorry! I've been working my butt off on my next novel, which is a mean ass, southern fried, no fun, neo-noir, horror epic. It's got political corruption, rock and roll, a death cult, mass murder, and so much more! I'll be posting a preview chapter soon. This is a big one for me, because it's a story that's been haunting me for over half my life, no joke! The book is loosely based on a comic created by my friend Jason Gollihar and I. We started it wanting to push the boundaries of what a comic book could be. We wanted to make something that would one day be regarded as a great work of literature. Years and years and draft after draft, we eventually dropped the idea of a comic and decided to do an illustrated novel.
I've probably written more than a dozen drafts and for this last draft I've edited enough material (for the sake of a quicker pace) to make half a sequel, so I'm getting pretty damned excited about showing this sumbitch off.
Anyway, that's where I've been, fiends. I've still got work to do, but My Heroes Have Always Been Monsters will rise again soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment